Category : Recipes
Sizzling Steak Fajitas
Quick and easy steak fajitas that everyone will surely love!
- 300 g lean beef steak cut into thin strips
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin or sunflower oil
- 2 yellow peppers sliced and deseeded
- 2 red peppers sliced and deseeded
- 2 red onions cut into thin wedges
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 400 g kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 200 g cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ red chilli flakes
- 25 g fresh coriander
- lime wedges for squeezing
- 4x40 g white or wholemeal flour tortillas warmed, to serve
- 2 little gem lettuces trimmed and shredded, to seve
- 6 tbsp natural yoghurt to serve
- sea salt and ground pepper
Season the beef with pepper. Heat half a tablespoon of the oil in large, non-stick frying pan and stir-fry the beef for 1½ minutes, or until lightly browned but not quite cooked through. Tip onto a plate, set aside and return the pan to the heat.
Add the remaining oil, peppers and red onions to the pan and stir-fry for 5–6 minutes, or until only just softened. Add the cumin, coriander and paprika. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 30 seconds, then stir in the beans, cherry tomatoes and cooked beef. Cook for 2–3 minutes, or until the beans and beef are hot.
Stir in the chilli and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few seconds more. Remove from the heat, scatter over the coriander and add a squeeze of lime. Toss lightly.
Divide the tortillas between four warmed plates. Top with shredded lettuce then pile the beef mixture on top. Spoon the yoghurt over each tortilla and garnish with the coriander. Serve immediately, with extra lime wedges for squeezing.